Thursday, October 28, 2010

Holiday Wishes with Lindsay's Stamp Stuff

Here I am working on my Christmas card stash again. The weather is turning cool, Christmas is creeping closer and I need LOTS more Christmas cards.






I have to admit that I really like this one. I paper pieced the poinsettia from Lindsay's Nature's Christmas set. I did it in 4 layers (1 green for leaves, 2 red for large petals, 1 red for small petals) but you could do it in less. I used my stylus on the back of the leaves to give them some shape and dimension. I used my Copic markers to darken the shading a bit. Lastly, my clear glitter pen was used on the edges and lines for a little sparkle. I kept the lay out simple so as not to detract from this gorgeous image.

Please visit the rest of the DT to see their creations this week and pop over to Lindsay's blog for her weekly freebie.

Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Cindi Hooks
Diane Bove
Jennifer Bliss
Karin Martin
Laurel Seabrook
Leanne Garner
Margie Visnick
Micki Harper
Rhonda Walker
Shannon Neparko
Tamara Bennett
Tracey Allen

Thank you for looking!

Supplies:

  • Images: Nature's Christmas digital stamp set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff (mygrafico.com), Tree Trimming Trio from PaperTrey
  • Papers & CS: Georgia Pacific CS, My Mind's Eye O Christmas Tree DP pack
  • Inks: Close To My Heart Chocolate
  • Tools: Stampin' Up edge punch, stylus, copic markers
  • Embellishments: Sakura clear stardust glitter & gold glitter pens, Cream Hug Snug seam binding

Challenges:

28 comments:

Laurel said...

Very pretty Cheryl!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love the dimension, very pretty Xmas card.

Tammy said...

Om gosh Cheryl this is gorgeous! I love that poinsettia!!

chris said...

Hi Cheryl this is so so beautiful.

Kathy said...

Wow, STUNNING! That poinsettia is just gorgeous, love the traditional Christmas colors, too!

Unknown said...

LOVE this card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful poinsetia! Love all the layers and dimension. The "wavy" sentiment is so cool! :)

Cindi said...

what a beautiful card!! I will have to try this set out soon
:)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous card. Love your wonderful design, textures and dimension, Fabulous job on the poinsettia.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my goodness Cheryl - this is beautiful - the dimension on the poinsettia is just fabulous!!! I love the deep rich colors too!
Melissa

Kimberly S said...

This is beautiful Cheryl! Love the paper piecing...wow! :)

Unknown said...

Love Love Love it!!!! So pretty and classic!

Tamara

Margie said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I will have to scraplift the paper piecing idea!!

Karin said...

So pretty! Love the layering :)

Karen B. said...

So elegant, I think the sparkle on the tips is the perfect touch!

Anita said...

Wow, this card is stunning! I love how you've layered that flower...simply beautiful.

Marlene said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!! Yup...I know how you feel. I need to make a ton more Christmas cards, too! AACK. It's almost NOVEMBER!

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous....Love it!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Cheryl, I love how you layered it and the sentiment looks awesome! ~Diane

Micki said...

absolutely gorgeous Cheryl. Love it.

hugs

Lindsay Weirich said...

so pretty and vintage, love the paper peicing!

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Cheryl.

Hugs Riet.x

Purple Card Lady said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us for Inktegrity's Hump Day challenge.

Tamie said...

Stunning christmas card! The colors, layout and punches are work so well together. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl, wonderful work.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Great dimension on the card and I just really love how you did the sentiment on the banner......pretty!!!!!
Maria

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our "punches/dies" challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Lori - 4 Crafty CHicks DT

Leanne said...

Hey thanks for playing with us this week, very nice card!

Leanne DT - 4 Crafty Chicks