Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sock Monkey "Hi"

Updated 5-11-10: Winner of the Handy Five at the Handfull of Stamps challenge.

I don't know about you, but I have never been a fan of sock monkeys. They have always given me the creeps. There is just something freaky about them.... Maybe it's the beady little eyes or the big red mouth....



What ever it is, I have finally found a sock monkey that doesn't creep me out. In fact, he is darn right cute.
.


This cute lil' guy is from Meljen's Designs new release "Stuffed with Love"digital stamp set. You can purchase him alone or in a package with the rest of his friends from the Meljen's Design store and right now you can get 25% off your purchase.



So go on over there and check out the cute sock monkey and his pals.... or I might have to send this guy after ya.

Challenges for this card:
Supplies:
  • Image: Little Sock Monkey from Meljen's Designs
  • CS & Papers: misc. brown cs, Neenah Crest solar white, Stampin' Up white, My Mind's Eye Laundry Line paper pack
  • Inks: None
  • Embellishments & Tools: misc buttons, DMC floss, Martha Stewart rick rack, Prismacolor markers, Sakura gelly roll clear glitter pen, crystal effects, Cricut, George cartridge, chipboard letters were made by cutting them out of a recycled cereal box

23 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE SOCK MONKEYS!! LOL...and that digi one is adorable, so is your card! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Karin said...

Very cute sock monkey card! I think he's cute, because he doesn't have the scary red open mouth...LOL!

Lindsay Weirich said...

I really like MelJens new style, so fun and funky, the monkey is great!

Tami said...

Oh what a cute little monkey. Thanks for playing at Aly's

Leanne said...

I agree with ya Cheryl the sock monkeys have always freaked me out to but this one I love!! He just looks sweeter hee hee! Love your card and please don't send that last one after me hee hee I'll be having nightmares!!!!

Dawnll said...

I always thought they were weird also, guess I am not as weird as I thought...lol
This monkey is kind of cute especially since he doesn't have that big red mouth. Great job converting me back

Shirl said...

That sock monkey digi is too darn cute! And it's definitely not scary but oh so huggable :) Thanks for sharing a beautiful card!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah I love this monkey image he is soooo cute. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Tracy said...

such a cute sock monkey and fabulous card. love the design.Thanks for joining in this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. hugs Tracy x

Unknown said...

how cute is this!!! love it!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Marlene said...

I love that sock monkey digi!!! ADORABLE!!!

I love real sock monkeys, too! I got my first one just last year as a gift. :)

Bonita Rose said...

so adorable!

HappyCrafter said...

You are right, he is a sweet sock monkey (no big red mouth LOL!) and you;ve showcased him in a very cute card.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Cheryl, I just love your blog and your sock monkey, know what you mean about some of them though! Love the Mr T, actually looks like him, lol!

Love your card, great image, so lifelike and great colours, your cards are just fab, so much so I have become a follower.

Thanks so much for joining us over at MAWTT, good luck! Heidi (DT) xx

vicki said...

Cheryl, he is just too cute! Blessings to you!

Ann said...

I sooo love sock monkeys and yours is just another adorable one to add to the list! Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

sweet card !!like the cute image!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46

Elizabeth said...

You are so right Cheryl - that is the cutest sock monkey ever! They are mostly just scary :D

raindropecho said...

Oh Cheryl, this is adorable. I don't know what I like more, your card or Mr. T Sock Monkey...I think it might be a tie. I love the picture!
- Ann

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have a friend that LOVES Sock Monkeys- I am with you, and I have to agree- this is darling! Love it!

Kathy said...

Sock monkeys are NOT creepy, LOL! All my boys have one. I love this little image and your card is so cute!

Donna Lee said...

LOL, you're right he is cute. I am not a big fan of these little monkeys either, but this one is cute!

thread-bare said...

Lol!!! What a great story & a fab card. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT x Clare x