Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers #29 (SBS29)

I am excited that the Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers (#29) is finally kicking off. I have only been blogging since the beginning of October but feel that I have already learned so much and made new blogging friends.

Okay, about me.... I don't know about you, but I have a hard time writing about myself. I am a wife, mother, and sister. I have been married to my husband, Mike, for 11 years. My daughter, Elizabeth, is 8 years old. Occasionally you will see a picture of her or of a project she has made. We have 2 dogs and 1 parrot. All three are quite the characters.

I am lucky enough that my employer lets me work from home. I also have a reduced work week of 30 hours so that I can spend more time with my family. I have been with the same company for 12 years but have had several different positions including Sales & Marketing manger, Account Manager, and currently Operations Manager.

Although I have always been involved in one craft or another, I only got involved with paper crafts over the last several years. It all started with going to a Creative Memories party at a friend's house which led to scrap booking.... Lots of money later, here I am. Now I prefer card making to scrap booking.

I am a member of the Lindsay's Stamp Stuff MyGrafico shop Design Team. I couldn't believe when I was picked. I had just got my blog going and it was the first time I tried out for anything. Working with Lindsay and the other DT members has really got me hooked on digital stamps. Unlike the other kind, I don't think I will ever run out of space to store them! I still use traditional stamps, but I love the digis.

Okay, don't laugh, but I am also an avid Jazzerciser. I try to get to class at least 3 times a week. I have done it for years and was actually still going to class when I was 8 months pregnant. (I finally had to take a break because my shoes didn't fit any more and it was too hard getting them tied anyhow. I jumped right back into as soon as I could.)

I also love reading and usually go through 1-2 books a week (although I have slowed down during the Holidays) and I LOVE listening to music. I love all kinds of music, rock, country, indie, jazz, blues, etc., and almost always have it playing. If you are interested in either, I would love to be your friend on goodreads.com or lastfm.com.

Well, I can't believe I have gone on so much about myself. Thank you for your patience if you read this whole thing. I am looking forward to see all your projects in the future.

Yeah sista's!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Hello! I am excited about the blogging sisters too. I love your blog. You've been doing it a little longer than me.

Kathy said...

Great to find out all about you. Looking forward to SBS29.

Stef H said...

it's nice to "meet" you! looking forward to enjoying your wonderful creations.

Elizabeth P said...

It´s great to know you Cheryl! ;)
I wish you have a happy 2010!!!

Vicki said...

Wow, Cheryl, when do you sleep?!?! So great to get to know you and looking forward to your creations!! Blessings to you!

Elaine. said...

I love the header of your blog and learning about you. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Elaine

cr8iveme said...

Nice to meet you. Look forward to getting to know you better and seeing more of your projects.

{hugs}
Mary from SBS29

Kim Marie said...

What a nice post ;) Glad to get to know you! Can't wait to see all your DT stuff....digistamping is still brand new for me! love the storage solutions :)
Kim Marie
SBS29

Cindy's Creative Corner said...

You have a wonderful blog and I can't wait to see your future creations.
Cindy
SBS29

Suzanne said...

Nice to meet you!! What are the Blogging Sisters??

Thanks for sharing so much about yourself! Happy New Year!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the note about the Sisterhood! ;)

Rhonda said...

hi Cheryl, I have been following your blog for a while already and just love your work. I am also excited about SBS and getting to know all the Sisters....I also belong to LSS (both the group and MyGraphico) and are familiar with you there so I am especially looking forward to learning from you. You have already been an inspiration for me. This is going to be fun!

FibreJunky said...

What a great post!! I haven't written mine yet because I have no idea what to write! Thank you for such an awesome example!
Carole
SBS29

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.